Position: Clinic Nurse Coordinator
Department: Community Health
Job Classification: (safety sensitive)
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Summary: The Clinic Nurse Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Community Health Manager. This position will coordinate day to day nursing activities, overall planning, direction and evaluation of the Active Treatment area. The Coordinator will have a key role in the EMR management and training new staff to orientate to Med Access. This position will have strong linkages with the Community Health program, STBBI program, Home Care, Nurse Practitioners, Lab and Xray and visiting physicians. The coordinator will be called upon at times to assist in the care of clients e.g. I.V therapy, Oxygen therapy and other duties as requested by NP or physician. This position will also coordinate the maintenance of medical equipment.
• Develop and implement procedures for program operation. Work with existing staff to review and revise, as needed the Active Treatment Policy Manual.
• Ensure that inventory is done monthly. Order medical supplies monthly and as needed; Check that medication supply is stocked and not expired.
• Responsible for safe and efficient operations of specialized equipment in the area.
• Maintain current knowledge of health issues, trends in nursing practise and direction in the delivery of physician, Nurse Practitioner, and nursing service in the Active Treatment area.
• The coordinator will work with the CH Manager to ensure that all staff have the correct and up to date training.
• Assist in the management of communicable disease case finding and contact tracing, if needed.
• Complete and submit a monthly planning calendar and a monthly report to the Community Health Manager.
• Any other tasks as deemed by the Community Health Manager.
• Completion of an accredited nursing education program; Active/eligible for registration with CARNA and CRNS.
• Experience in a clinical practise setting.
• Experience or knowledge working with First Nations peoples.
• Current CPR, TDG, and WHMIS.
• Current Oxygen Administration Certificate.
DEADLINE DATE: July 7, 2022**Extended**
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Interested applicants, who meet the qualifications as listed above, must submit:
1. Cover letter
2. Current resume with dates specified
3. LIST of three current references with phone numbers
4. Vulnerable Sector Check/Clear Criminal Record Check
5. Drivers Abstract
Attention to: Human Resources
Phone: (306) 344-2330 ext. 2238 Fax: (306) 344-2357
Mail: PO Box 70 Onion Lake, SK S0M 2E0